About the Department
The department of textile technology was started in 2008 with 4 year undergraduate program affiliated to Anna university, Chennai. The students are given intensive practical training. A number of workshops and seminars have been organized for the benefit of students. The department takes pride in securing 100% placement for its students during the past three years. Faculty members are well qualified and accomplished. They have been encouraged to pursue higher studies, and as a result two of the faculty members have registered for PhD program and actively pursuing the same. MoUs have been signed with companies. Faculty members are being deputed to attend training programs for their upgradation. Also faculty members are actively involved in publications. A number of papers have been published in international peer reviewed journals and books authored as international edition. It is poised for growth and aims to achieve academic excellence during the forthcoming years.
|UG||B.TECH- TEXTILE TECHNOLOGY|
To achieve excellence in education through professional and social development and thereby evolve high quality in teaching and learning of internationally acceptable standards.
- Knowledge upgradation – theoretical and practical strengthening.
- Industry – Institution partnership
- R & D and consultancy activities.
- Popularizing the institute through high quality contribution from students and faculty members.
- Training and development programs involving academia and industry.
- Periodic interaction with prominent alumni, academicians and industrial professional.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The graduates of our programme will:
- To develop the student’s capabilities and to make them innovative and competent so that they can be successfully employed in Indian and Multinational companies.
- Graduates will be globally competent in the textile industry or entrepreneurship through effective communication , soft skills and team work skills and also be able to relate textile industry issues to broader social context.
- To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for graduate studies.
- To transform the students into an ethical and responsible engineers and also to make them remain informed and involved as full participants in their profession and in the society.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
The graduates of our programme will possess:
- An Ability To Apply Knowledge Of Mathematics, Science, And Engineering.
- An ability to analyze, identify, and formulate engineering problem.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret experiments to improve process related to textiles.
- Ability to use current techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for engineering practice.
- An ability to analyze and understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- An ability to engage in life-long learning.
- An understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects.