About the Department
The Electronics and Communication Engineering department was started in the year 2003 - 2004 with an intake of 120 students. The Department has a team of dynamic and well qualified faculty who work extremely hard to ensure that faculty and students have necessary and sufficient access to required facilities and advising resources to meet their varied academic needs. Various student research projects under national and international funding agencies have been approved for the current academic year. The laboratories are well equipped with the latest devices and components. Based on the syllabus & technological innovations, new facilities are being added every year for providing training to the students to make them suitable for the future needs.
|UG||B.E - ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING|
- To evolve as a center of excellence in electronics and communication engineering in the country, to train students in contemporary technologies, to meet the needs of global industry and to develop them into skillful engineers imbued with knowledge of core as well as inter- disciplinary domains, human values and professional ethics
- To adopt pedagogical processes to meet the educational objectives and outcomes of the B.E programme in electronics and communication engineering.
- To train students to take up projects in core and inter-disciplinary areas in tune with industry leading to research.
- To built a team of competent teachers and researchers. To create an environment for faculty members to improve qualifications.
- To develop infrastructure necessary for research through collaboration with leading organizations with India and abroad
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)The graduates of our programme will:
- Graduates will be innovative and competent so that they can be successfully employed in any Indian and Multinational companies.
- Graduates can successfully complete hardware and /or simulation related engineering projects to meet customer business objectives and engage in communication research.
- Graduates will have sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems.
- Graduates will be ethical and responsible engineers who can work in a multidisciplinary environment, and also will remain informed and involved as full participants in their profession and in the society
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering,
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data,
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability,
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams,
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems,
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility,
- An ability to communicate effectively,
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context,
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning,
- An understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.