Park Hostels, usually filled to its capacity, caters to the need of individual students. Wholesome food, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian, prepared in hygienic conditions, is served and the students are given the choice of deciding the menu. Hostels of single accommodation with international standards are also available in the campus. The girls’ hostel can accommodate 400 students and the boys 650 students.
A. Hostel Rules and Regulations
Admission and Accommodation
1. Accommodation in the hostel will be terminated at the end of each academic year and members who are desirous of availing the hostel facility shall apply for re-admission at the beginning of every academic year.
2. The warden may refuse admission to any student without assigning any reason.
3. Students seeking readmission to the hostel should have cleared all the previous year’s arrears or dues.
4. Every student before he / she is admitted to the hostel must give an undertaking in writing that he/she will abide by the rules of the hostel and that he/she will submit to any discipline imposed on him/her by the authorities. This shall be confirmed in writing by the Parent / Guardian also in the declaration form Prescribed.
5. Stay in hostel on an earlier occasions confers no right to admission later on.
6. After admission, no student should vacate the hostel without the written permission by the Parent/Guardian and without the permission of warden.
7.Room once allocated for a year is not interchangeable.
8. Allotment of rooms shall be made by the Deputy Warden under the orders of the Warden.
9. No room shall be allotted to any student without the room rent payment for the whole year paid.
10. Students must occupy the rooms allotted to them and not change rooms without the permission of Deputy Warden.
11. Students may be shifted from one room to another by Warden/Deputy Warden on administrative grounds without assigning any reason.
12. The hostel management does not owe any responsibility for the loss of any belongings in the rooms due to the negligence of the occupant.
13. No student should avail leave on the preceding and the succeeding days of holidays without obtaining valid permission in advance. If anybody flouts this, they will lose the hostel accommodation.
14. No student is allowed to use any electrical appliance like Heater, Iron box, T.V., Radio etc in the room.
15. Guests are prohibited from entering or staying in the hostel.
16. If any difficulty or problem is faced by the inmates, it should immediately be brought to the notice of the deputy warden.
17. Hostel Authority is to report the absence of a hostler if he/she is absent consecutively for three days to the higher authorities.
18. Smoking and possession of cigarettes, consumption and possession of liquor are prohibited in the hostel.
1. The Hostel provides both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. Food will be served as per the following Timings.
Breakfast – I Batch- II Batch
08.35 am – 9.00 am
08.40 am – 9.10 am
Lunch - I Batch
- II Batch
12.35 pm – 1.20 pm
01.30 pm – 2.00 pm
04.40 pm – 5.00 pm
08.00 pm – 9.00 pm
2. Mess timings should be followed strictly. No breakfast / meal will be served after the closure of the mess.
3. The mess bill per month is calculated on dividing basis.
4. Guests are not permitted under any circumstances.
5. No resident is permitted to carry food in utensils to his/her room.
6. Transfer of one member’s food to another is not allowed on any account.
7. No inmate is permitted to have food in the mess at the time of joining without the production of the rent receipt.
8. The inmates of the hostel should not interfere with the work of cooks or other servants in any manner or enter into any argument with them. In case of misconduct of hostel employees it shall be immediately reported to the warden with full details.
9. Members shall not give any tips to servants or cooks in the hostel.
C. Payment of hostel bills.
1.The mess bill should be settled before 10th of every month positively. Fine will be collected at the rate of Rs.10/- every day for the first 5 days and thereafter the members have to pay a readmission of Rs.25/-. Those who fail to pay the readmission fee will be expelled from the hostel.
2.Such expelled students are debarred from entering the hostel premises including the mess. Students who entertain such debarred students in their rooms will face disciplinary action.
3.Inmates should maintain absolute discipline and co-ordination in the hostel mess.
4.The electrical fittings, furniture and other appliances provided in the hostel should be preserved in proper condition. Damages if any, done to the hostel property will be repaired by recovering the cost of materials/ repair charges from the occupants.
5.Eve –teasing and ragging are prohibited. Any student found involving in the dastardly act of ragging will be expelled from the college hostel and the institution and criminal proceedings will be taken as contemplated in TN Act No.7/1997.
6.Inmates should refrain from anti-social activities and they should not indulge in drug abuse etc.
7.Scribbling or writing on the walls or structure of the hostel or the college and pasting of posters is forbidden.
8.The furniture issued to the boarders shall not be taken out of their rooms. Any such item found outside their rooms will be taken away by the hostel authorities.
9.Students are not allowed to put up notice or convene meetings of any sort within the hostel premises.
10.Failure to adhere to any of the above conditions will result in the expulsion of the student from the hostel.
1.A high standard of discipline should be maintained to keep up the reputation of the hostel.
2.Attendance will be taken daily at 9.00 am. All the inmates should be present in the hostel and ensure their attendance. If anybody fails to turn up, they will be expelled from the hostel.
3.All the inmates should get prior permission(out pass) from the warden to go out between 10.00 am and 7.00 pm on holidays and from 4.30 pm to 7.00 pm on working days (only for emergency purposes).
4.Lady inmates may go out for purchases etc., only on holidays, collectively with the assistance of the Deputy Warden or her representative.
- About Us