About the Department
Mechanical Engineering is as old as human civilization with its beginning placed next to Stone Age, yet it is current and will remain current forever. The Department of Mechanical Engineering keeps pace with latest developments in Mechanical Engineering and allied fields. The Department has a team of well qualified teaching staff, skilled technical staff and fully equipped Laboratories. Out of 27 members 7 Doctorates under their guidance 12 Doctoral completed and 25 awaiting.
|UG||B.E. - MECHANICAL ENGINEERING|
|PG||M.E. - ENGINEERING DESIGN|
|RESEARCH||Ph.D - MECHANICAL ENGINEERING|
To excel both in teaching and research
- To be recognized by our employers as a source of Industry Ready Engineers
- To provide quality education in the field of mechanical engineering.
- To train the students practically to meet the requirements of day to day development of industries.
- To prepare the students for successful engineering career by inculcating the leadership qualities to encourage entrepreneurship and the professional and ethical responsibilities for the betterment of the society.
- To promote Research and Development and spread the technology through publications and providing technical expertise and training to industry.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The graduates of our programme will:
- 1. To develop the student’s capabilities and to make them innovative and competent so that they can be successfully employed in Indian and Multinational companies..
- 2. To transform the students into professional mechanical engineers who can successfully complete mechanical engineering related projects to meet customer business objectives and/or productivity engage in research.
- 3. To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and mechanical engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, analyze and solve problems.
- 4. To transform the students into an ethical and responsible engineers who can work in a multidisciplinary environment, and also to make them remain informed and involved as full participants in their profession and in the society.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
Mechanical Engineering programme must demonstrate that their students attain the following outcomes:
- a. An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- b. An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- c. An ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- d. An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- e. An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- f. An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- g. An ability to communicate effectively.
- h. The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- i. A recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- j. A knowledge of contemporary issues and
- k. An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.