About the Department
The Department of Mechatronics Engineering has been established in the year 2012 in order to meet the growing demand for trained man power in the field of industrial automation. The College is offering U.G Course B.E in Mechatronics Engineering. The department is not simply a combination of mechanical and electronics but it is much beyond this combination which inculcates a broad spectrum of engineering knowledge to meet the demands of automation industry. The Department is bestowed with an experienced team of faculty members with excellent academic records and proficiency. The department has well developed laboratory infrastructure which bridges the gap between industry and academia. It also provides consultancy services to the industries. The department regularly invites people from the industries to interact with the faculties and students to update with the current trends and also to make them understand the needs of various industrial streams. Industrial automation, Robotics, Automotive Electronics, Mechanical Design, embedded systems and model simulation are the thrust areas of research. The department has good interactions with leading industries such as FANUC, FESTO, KPIT Technologies, GEM Equipments, Infosys, Microsoft, Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (CED), Madurai, ELLEN Castings, Vishal Precision Products and Orange Automation. The department faculty and students are actively involving in professional body activities of ISTE, IE, IIPE, IWS and IEEE.
|UG||B.E - MECHATRONICS ENGINEERING|
To be a centre of excellence for producing industry ready engineers, researchers and technopreneurs in the field of Mechatronics Engineering through quality education.
- Provide quality education in the field of Mechatronics Engineering through effective teaching learning process.
- Achieve 100% placement by training the students to meet the requirements of industries.
- Promote research and development and spread the technology through publications and providing technical expertise and training to industries.
- Develop technopreneurial skills of the students by developing new products with environmental and ethical awareness for the betterment of the society.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The graduates of our programme will:
- To develop the student’s competencies and to make them pioneering and competent so that they can be successfully employed in Indian and Multinational companies.
- To transform the students into specialized mechatronics engineers who can successfully complete mechatronics engineering related projects to meet customer business objectives and/or productivity engage in research.
- To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and mechatronics engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, analyze and solve problems.
- To transform the students into an ethical and responsible engineers who can work in a multidisciplinary environment, and also to make them remain informed and involved as full participants in their profession and in the society.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
The graduates of our programme will possess:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering,
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data,
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability,
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams,
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems,
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility,
- An ability to communicate effectively,
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context,
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning,
- A knowledge of contemporary issues, and
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.